Tell Congress: Keep anti-environmental riders out of budget and spending bills
Help us reach our goal of 65,000 messages
The Senate Appropriations Committee has voted out the FY2016 environmental spending bill, S.1645—and it’s riddled with anti-environmental policy riders that seek to undo or block protections for clean air, clean water and wildlife. The Senate has not yet scheduled a date for floor votes on the bill.
Tell the Senate to stop handouts to polluters in budget and spending bills—now and in the future!
This isn’t the first time environmental foes in the Senate have tried to include unrelated and extraneous anti-environmental provisions—aka “riders”—in budget and spending legislation, and it won’t be the last.
In addition to making draconian cuts to the budgets of the EPA and other agencies, the FY2016 environmental spending bill contains riders that would:
- Stop progress on climate change by blocking the president’s Clean Power Plan
- Prevent federal agencies from using climate impact guidance developed by the Council of Environmental Quality in making decisions that may contribute to climate change
- Block the EPA’s recent Clean Water Rule, to which protects small streams that provide drinking water for 117 million Americans
- Prevent the EPA from strengthening the Clean Air Act’s ozone standard to reduce smog
- Deny or repeal endangered species protections for gray wolves, lesser prairie chickens, and sage grouse
- Require that a road be built through congressionally designated wilderness in Alaska’s Izembek National Wildlife Refuge
Tell your senator to vote NO on the FY2016 environmental spending bill and keep anti-environmental riders out of budget and spending bills.
Your personalized message will be added along with the following letter: