Hooray! This action campaign targeting Arm & Hammer has concluded due to good news: On September 9, 2010, New York State announced it will finally begin requiring household cleaning companies to reveal the chemical ingredients in their products and any health risks they pose. The first-of-its-kind policy could have national implications, as momentum builds here and abroad for toxic chemical reform.
Earthjustice represented health, consumer, and environmental groups in the lawsuit filed in 2009 against household cleaning giants that led to this important step forward in transparency. We will be handling a likely appeal of the case against the cleaning product companies, which have yet to file any reports. We'll keep you posted on upcoming action opportunities on this issue. In the meantime, please consider taking action on other issues; visit the Action Center for all actions.
Ban these 7 neurotoxic pesticides
Tell the EPA to ban these 7 neurotoxic pesticides that have been linked to brain damage before the deadline on February 23.
Call Your Senators to Protect Clean Water
After a decade-long battle to get EPA to finalize the Clean Water rule, Congress is trying to undue the recently finalized Clean Water rule through must-pass spending bills.
Clean Water Rule just released--help protect it from attack!
Join us in thanking the President for standing up against polluters by finalizing the Clean Water rule, and urging him to stand strong against Congressional attacks.
What else can you do?
- Read about the important step taken by New York, that could have national implications for public health: New York To Force Household Cleaner Giants To Reveal Chemical Ingredients
- Learn about our work to get information into consumers' hands so they can make informed choices about how to protect their families from toxic chemicals in household cleaning products: Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant
- Read Earthjustice President Trip van Noppen's column: Mr. Clean—Tell Us What You're Made Of.
- Find out more about Earthjustice's Health and Toxics work.
- Read the latest news on uncovering chemical ingredients in household cleaners at Earthjustice's blog, unEARTHED. (Read all blog posts.)
- Find out what's going on around the world of Earthjustice: Read e.Brief, our monthly e-newsletter.
- Explore our campaigns, and see what we're working on through slideshows, in-depth features, and more.
- Join us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter!