The House of Representatives passed H.R. 2273 by a vote of 267 to 144. By passing the bill, the House decided to put polluter profits above American lives and jobs.
The bill will now go to the Senate, where our Environmental champions will continue the fight. Earthjustice continues to work to protect public health from toxic coal ash. To see if there are other actions that you can take, please visit the Earthjustice Action Center.
Support the Shift to Clean Energy
President Obama and the EPA have announced a first-ever federal carbon pollution standard for every new power plant built in America. Be a part of this change.
When Polluters Lose, Clean Air Should Win
Please take a moment to write President Obama and tell him that protecting clean air standards and moving toward a clean energy future are important to you!
Close Unfair Loopholes For Fracking Pollution
Thanks to exemptions from our bedrock environmental laws, oil and gas drilling operations don't have to follow the same rules as everyone else. Three bills introduced in Congress would change this.
What else can you do?
- The Moapa River Indian Reservation, tribal home of the Moapa Band of Paiutes, sits about 30 miles north of Las Vegas—and about 300 yards from the coal ash ponds and landfills of the Reid Gardner Power Station. If the conditions are just wrong, coal ash picks up from Reid Gardner and moves across the desert like a toxic sandstorm. The film An Ill Wind tells the Paiute Indians' story. Watch the trailer:
- Visit our campaign, Coal Ash Contaminates Our Lives, and learn more about this issue and what Earthjustice is doing to protect public health.
- Support our work! Earthjustice attorneys and legislative advocates are on the front lines of the fight to protect our natural heritage. Please make a tax-deductible contribution that will help support our vital work in the courts and on Capitol Hill.
- Keep up to date with Earthjustice's work on our blog, unEARTHED.
- Find out what's going on around the world of Earthjustice in the latest issue of e.Brief, our monthly e-newsletter.
- Explore our campaigns, and see what we're working on through slideshows, in-depth features, and more.
- Join us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter!