Andrew Wheeler, a former coal lobbyist, is President Trump’s pick to head the Environmental Protection Agency.
While serving under disgraced former Administrator Scott Pruitt, Wheeler was involved in some of this administration’s most appalling public health rollbacks and industry handouts. His fingerprints are all over polluter-supported efforts such as:
* Undermining the Mercury and Air Toxics Standards that are working to reduce heavy metals and other brain toxins from power plant emissions
* Rolling back the historic Clean Power Plan and other steps to address catastrophic climate change
* Weakening hard-won protections for communities and waterways threatened by toxic coal ash
* Depriving our families, workers, and communities of protections from deadly chemicals such as methylene chloride and neurotoxic pesticides such as chlorpyrifos
* Gutting vital protections that guard America’s drinking water sources from harmful pollution
Will you send a message to your senators today and ask them to oppose Andrew Wheeler’s nomination?